Leave Us Alone!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Races of the Week

This week, the Daily Racing Form's races of the week are the Mother Goose Stakes at Belmont Park and the Cornhusker Breeders Cup Handicap at Prairie Meadows.

My selection in the Cornhusker is Three Hour Nap, a colt who is undefeated at today's distance of a mile and an eighth. I think the pace will set up well for him. The Form provides free past performances for the Cornhusker.

In the Mother Goose, I think I'll go with Ready to Please, who is 3 for 4 this year. The pace looks like it will set up well for her. She hasn't gone a mile and an eighth before, but her Tomlinson rating indicates she's bred for the distance. The Form provides free past performances for the Mother Goose.

Equibases's race of the week is the Suburban Handicap at Belmont Park. My selection in the Suburban is Invasor. Remember when I said that Invasor could be one to watch? Well, it turns out that was a bit of an understatement. In the Pimlico Special Handicap, Invasor looked like he was finished, but made an impressive move to come back and win. The Uruguayan champion makes his second North American start today in the Suburban. He'll go off at a very short price, but I can't bet against him. The Form provides free past performances for the Suburban here. Equibase provides analysis of the Suburban here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home