Leave Us Alone!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Races of the Week

Last week, one of my selections finally hit the board. Nothing But Fun finished second in last Saturday's Ogden Phipps Handicap. I'm still chasing that elusive first win, however. I'll try to find it in the Daily Racing Form's races of the week. This week's races are the New York Breeders Cup Handicap, to be run Saturday at Belmont Park, and the Queen's Plate Stakes, to be run Sunday at Woodbine.

In the New York Handicap, I'll bet Asi Siempre. Asi Siempre is undefeated at a mile and a quarter. Her only graded stakes victory was on yielding turf, and it looks like New York will have a rainy weekend. Past performances for the New York Breeders Cup Handicap are available here.

The Queen's Plate is a tough race to handicap, with a full field of three-year-olds who have never run a mile and a quarter before. I think I'll go with Malakoff. Malakoff won the Marine Stakes by 7 1/4 lengths last month, and has two bullet works since then. Malakoff appears to be bred for the distance, and has always run well at Woodbine. The Form provides past performances for the Queen's Plate here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home