Leave Us Alone!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Races of the Week

Well, I was 0 for 3 in the Triple Crown. That might deter others from public handicapping, but I just can't resist the urge to chase my losses. At the risk of further embarrassment, I'll continue to try to pick the winners of the Daily Racing Form's races of the week.

The races this week are the Ogden Phipps Handicap at Belmont Park and the Stephen Foster Handicap at Churchill Downs. Both races are scheduled for late this afternoon. In the Phipps, I'll go with Nothing But Fun. The lightly raced filly is 3 for 4 at Belmont Park, and her only graded stakes victory was at today's distance of a mile and a sixteenth. I think the pace will set up well for her, with Spun Sugar and Take D'Tour dueling early. The Daily Racing Form provides past performances for the Ogden Phipps Handicap here.

In the Foster, I'll take Brass Hat. Brass Hat won three races in a row this winter before finishing second in the Dubai World Cup. He's 4 for 5 at a mile and an eighth, and ran fairly well in his only other start on the main track at Churchill. The Form provides past performances for the Stephen Foster Handicap here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

yeah I didnt even know the Belmont had already taken place. Without a horse going for the Triple Crown, racing really falls off the radar. I planned on watching it too.

1:44 AM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home