Leave Us Alone!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Races of the Week, Part II

Yesterday I promised selections for the Clement Hirsch Handicap and the Haskell Invitational. I also mistakenly identified the Haskell as a handicap race. It always used to be a handicap. When did they change it?

Invasor came through for me yesterday in the Whitney, and in the Hirsch, I'll bet another Argentine import. Star Parade has been winning every other race lately. She likes today's distance of a mile and a sixteenth, and she has tactical speed. The Daily Racing Form provides free past performances.

My selection in the Haskell is Deputy Glitters. Deputy Glitters has tactical speed, and appears to like a two-turn mile and an eighth. Equibase and the Form provide free past performances.

Finally, this is the last "Races of the Week" post here at Leave Us Alone. No, I'm not quitting. I've decided to spin off the weekly horse racing selections into a new blog, The $2 Window. Over there, I'll continue to post weekly selections, and some other stuff relating to racing and gambling. Next week, I'll see you at the $2 Window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home