Leave Us Alone!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Races of the Week

I couldn't have done much better last weekend. I had three winners from three selections. Go Between won the Virginia Derby, paying $8.60 to win, $4.20 to place, and $3.60 to show. Deputy Glitters won the Ohio Derby, paying $10.20 to win, $5.20 to place, and $3.20 to show. Silver Train won the Tom Fool Handicap, paying $3.60 to win, $2.60 to place, and $2.10 to show. Meanwhile, in the Princess Rooney Handicap, Dubai Escapade showed why I don't bet 1-5 shots.

This week, The Daily Racing Form's races of the week are the John C. Mabee Handicap at Del Mar and the Coaching Club American Oaks at Belmont, both to be run today. The Mabee is also Equibase's race of the week. I'll try to keep my three-race winning streak and eight-race in-the-money streak going.

None of the fillies in the Coaching Club American Oaks has gone a mile and a quarter before, so, as in the Kentucky Derby and the Queen's Plate, I'll have to look at the Tomlinson ratings and pedigrees and hope for the best. I think I'll go with Lemons Forever. Teammate and Sugar Shake will put a lot of pressure on each other, setting a fast pace. Lemons Forever showed that she can close, coming from last place to win the Kentucky Oaks in May. She's a daughter of 1999 Belmont Stakes winner Lemon Drop Kid, so distance shouldn't be a problem. The Form provides free past performances for the Coaching Club American Oaks.

In the Mabee, I think I'll pick Live Life. Live Life finished second to Memorette in last month's Beverly Hills Handicap. Memorette is also in this race, but I think the pace will be more favorable for Live Life today. The Form provides free past performances for the John C. Mabee Handicap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home